Tuesday, 21 June 2016

A geeky trip to Madame Tussauds

Recently I took a trip to Madame Tussauds (a wax museum in London). I hadn't been there since I was about 12 years old so I was intrigued to see how it had changed. It turned out I was in for a treat. Not only had the attraction changed but it had improved and catered very well to geeky people like me.

Along with my boyfriend Luke, I wandered round the main celebrity waxwork displays getting selfies with everyone from politicians to pop stars.


We giggled away, amused by seeing the Queen and Miley Cyrus in such close succession. Then we arrived in the section we had been waiting for: the superhero displays.
My moody X-men face

We saw some of our favourite heroes brought to life through wax. We excitedly dashed round like children, getting our pictures taken with the wax incarnations of Spiderman, Hulk, Wolverine and more.

We then patiently queued up to see the Marvel 4D experience where we were transported through a cinematic adventure, where Captain America led us and numerous popular Marvel heroes through a mission in central London.

Then we came to the grand finale... The Star Wars exhibit!

We were greeted by Jedi's from the prequel movies: Qui Gon Jinn and Ewan McGregor's Obi Wan Kenobi. We then saw a moody looking Anakin Skywalker before spotting everyone's favourite smuggler (Han Solo).
Who shot first?

After getting a few pictures sat opposite Han in the famous Mos Eisley Cantina, we moved on to meet the popular droid double act (C3P0 and R2D2) and then sat with Chewbacca in the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon.

As if this wasn't already enough excitement we turned round the corner and were suddenly in Yoda's swamp. After striking a few Jedi training poses we moved on to: meet Mr Vader himself, take a seat in Jabba's Palace (minding the Rancor pit) and jump into a father son battle from Episode VI with the Emperor looking over our shoulder.

Finally we had one last Star Wars treat and of course it was in the form of a new addition to the cast: BB8.

We had such a fantastic day out and really enjoyed ourselves. I really recommend Madame Tussauds, it's a great place for family's with children or just big kids like me!

xXx

1 comment:

  1. This looks so fun! We have one by my house - I really should go there one day :)

    ReplyDelete