Thursday, 2 June 2016

Why I'm excited for Beauty and the Beast

As you may have already heard there is a new Disney princess movie due to be released next year and it is a live action remake of Beauty and the Beast.

If you don’t know the story already, Beauty and the Beast is a classic fairytale about a young woman named Belle who falls in love with a monstrous prince. Disney’s animated telling of the tale came out in cinemas in the early nineties, so it’s clearly time for an update.

I don’t normally get hyped up about Disney films but I have to say that I’m actually quite excited for this release and here’s why...


  •  Firstly this film has a fantastic cast. Emma Watson is taking on the role of Belle and Downton Abbey’s Dan Stevens is playing the beast. It seems pretty perfect right? Not to mention that Ian McKellen, Ewan McGregor, Emma Thompson and Stanley Tucci are also members of this fairytale cast!

  • Then there’s the fact that Belle is a brilliant role model for young girls. Not only is this Disney princess beautiful but she’s got brains too! Belle has a thirst for knowledge and uses her book-smart ways to help others as well.

  •  Another reason I am excited is because of Disney’s recent track record with remakes. In recent years we’ve seen classic stories such as Cinderella and The Jungle Book be brought to our screens and for me they were bigger and better than ever before. This makes me even more excited to see what delights are in store for us with this adaptation of this popular fairytale love story.

  •  As well as this, the Beauty and the Beast story also has a great message. It tells a heart-warming tale with the clear moral that you should never judge a book by its cover (or a beast by his claws).

  • Lastly, have you seen the teaser trailer? It looks amazing. It doesn’t give too much away yet but reveals some beautiful shots of the mansion the story is centred around. I am definitely intrigued to see how the film will turn out.

So that’s why I’m so excited for the upcoming Beauty and the Beast film and you should be too. I can’t wait to see it!

Is there any classic Disney film you would like to see remade? Let me know in the comments below.


xXx

8 comments:

  1. Like you, I'm extremely excited to see the remake of Beauty and the Beast. Though a part of me is curious how they are going to treat certain characters...and if the trailer I just watched on YouTube is what the Beast looks like, no thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Oh I haven't seen what the Beast looks like yet, I shall have to check that out :) X

      Delete
  2. I cannot wait for this movie. It is my all-time favorite Disney movie and I'm really curious to see how they handle the story on the big screen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree it'll be really interesting to see how each character looks as well! Can't wait aha X

      Delete
  3. I'm so so so excited for this movie! I promise I nearly cried when the teaser came out because of the soundtrack!

    Can't wait for March 2017 :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh it is a great teaser trailer! I'm excited too! X

      Delete
  4. The problem i am finding with disney is that all they seem to be doing is doing live versions of their classics. It feels as though they havent got any more stories to tell, their golden age has passed and now its remakes which is sad. I still prefer the original than the new stuff but i will admit that i am looking forward to this film as the trailer looked amazing i just hope they dont ever do the lion king live action cause that is by far my favorite hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you the classic original Disney films are amazing but I'm so intrigued to see how this remake turns out! X

      Delete