Thursday, 6 October 2016

Mac Star Trek Collection: LLAP review

When I heard that Mac were releasing a Star Trek collection I just had to check it out! I looked at the fantastic range of out of this world makeup and I decided to buy the LLAP (live long and prosper) lipstick. I knew a lot of other people (particularly girly Trekkies) would be interested in the product as well, so I have written a helpful Mac LLAP review.


Appearance:
I would describe the colour as a shimmery rose gold/bronze. Mac describes the lipstick as a frost which means it has a sparkly finish to it.  The lipstick isn't as pigmented as some other Mac products but I still really like the colour on its own or as a layering colour. Initially I was worried this shade would look too cold on my pale skin but once I applied it I actually thought it worked well and created a really pretty Autumn/Winter look.

Quality:
Mac are famed for their top quality products, so I had high expectations for how this lipstick would wear and I wasn't disappointed. As soon as I applied the product it felt very moisturising and creamy. This product is fairly long lasting and didn't smudge even without lip-liner.
How I would wear it:
As Autumn is now upon us, frosty bronze colours are coming back into fashion and this lipstick is perfectly suited for the season. I would wear this lipstick with either bronze or warm pink eye-shadows, reflecting the autumnal colours of nature. Team this with a pink blush and you're ready for a pumpkin spice latte and a leaf fight!


I have to say I love this lipstick, I think it is really pretty and feels so nice to wear for a night out or during the day. I would definitely recommend it. In fact I am quite tempted to try out a few of the other products in the Mac Star Trek collection.

Let me know in the comments what you think of LLAP or any of the other beauty products in the Mac Star Trek collection, as I would love to hear your views.

xXx

8 comments:

  1. So cute! It seems like it is the perfect fall neutral for fair skin girls, and that it adds just the right amount of shimmer - but maybe that's how it comes across in photos? IDK Are there any other pieces in this collection?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think it's perfect for this time of year! The shimmer is subtle but still gives off a metallic affect but I like that :)
      Yes, if you have a look on the Mac Cosmetics website you will be able to see the full collection! X

      Delete
  2. The shimmer lipstick is really pretty yet subtle which is nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree it's so pretty and is subtle enough to be able to wear during the day X

      Delete
  3. I love MAC special edition lipsticks, this Star Trek one is hilarious. Love your photos!

    Emma x

    positivityinthecity,blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha I know! I didn't know what to expect when I found out about this collection but there are actually some fantastic products in the range!

      Thanks so much X

      Delete
  4. Omg I love this collection, the packaging is pretty cool!!! Love the shade as well, glad it didn't disappoint!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree the packaging is great! I'm so tempted to buy more of the products from the range, there's some really pretty eye-shadows in the collection! X

      Delete